Recipe Of The Week: Non-Dairy Chocolate Truffle Cookies
If you’re looking for a new non-dairy cookie recipe, this recipe from Cheerios is it!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 2Hours
1 cup Cheerios cereal
1/4 cup quinoa flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 small egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Powdered sugar, to taste for garnish
- Put the Cheerios, quinoa flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cocoa powder and coconut oil in a food processor. Process to mix.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and continue processing for a few seconds until a very soft dough has formed. Transfer to a plastic bag and freeze for at least 1 hour. You can also freeze overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
4.Remove the dough from the freezer. Form balls by the rounded teaspoon and roll in powdered sugar. Arrange the cookies, with plenty of space between each dough ball, on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or greased parchment paper. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!
- Roll the cookies in chopped walnuts in place of the powdered sugar for a different texture.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Cooking Without Dairy? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient does not contain dairy. Products and ingredient sources can change.
See full recipe here.