Recipe Of The Week: Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
This recipe is dedicated to all you InstantPot lovers out there! If you have an Instant Pot like me, I know you probably love how easy it is to use and how quickly it can help you get dinner on the table.
This recipe for chicken taco bowls will definitely be a crowd pleaser in your house. It’s courtesy of Tastes Better from Scratch. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth , divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 15 ounce can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 1/4 cups long grain white rice , rinsed and drained
- fresh cilantro , chopped
- avocado sliced
- green onion , chopped
- sour cream
- Spray bottom of IP with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken broth to bottom of IP.
- Add chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning.
- Add black beans and corn.
- Add salsa.
- Add rice.
- Add remaining 1 cup chicken broth.
- Press rice into the liquid to make sure it’s fully submerged.
- Set valve to sealing. Cook on Manual (high pressure) for 8 minutes.
- Allow pressure to naturally release for 12 minutes, then turn to quick release.
- Remove IP lid and gently FLUFF rice with a fork (Don’t stir it!).
- Place IP lid back on (with power off) for 5 more minutes to allow rice to rest while you prepare the toppings.
- Slide rice to the side a bit to find the chicken breasts and pull them out. Shred the chicken.
- Add a scoop of rice mixture to a bowl. Top with some shredded chicken, and other desired toppings. Serve with tortillas, if desired.