Recipe of the Week: Strawberry & Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies￼
Check out this recipe for Strawberry & Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 jar Strawberry All Fruit Spreadable Fruit
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- In a mixer beat sugars and shortening until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, followed by the milk and vanilla. Continue beating until well incorporated.
- Turn the mixer off, and in a separate bowl sift the flour, baking soda and salt. Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the dry ingredients. Add the peanut butter until the dough has formed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and begin forming 1-inch balls in the palm of your hand. Coat each ball in sugar and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly and press your thumb into the middle of each cookie to make a well.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Fill each cookie with Strawberry All Fruit.