DIY Of The Week: Popsicle Stick Bird Feeder
This week’s DIY project is kid friendly and perfect for an outdoor summer activity with the whole family. This Popsicle Bird House and Feeder comes from Babble.com
- Colored popsicle sticks
- Hot glue gun and hot glue
*You can use plain popsicle sticks and paint them, or buy colored ones.
- Line up 12 popsicle sticks.
- Create a line of hot glue across the top and bottom. Place a popsicle stick on both. Repeat on the left and right.
- Put dots of hot glue on the ends of these four sticks and place popsicle sticks on top. Follow this pattern to build the walls of the bird house.
- Put hot glue on four sticks and secure them to the front and back sides to create posts.
- Line up two sets of 12 popsicle sticks. Create a line of hot glue across the top and bottom of both, and place popsicle sticks on each.
- Place hot glue on either side of a popsicle stick. Attach to both sets of sticks. Hold to dry.
- Hot glue the top of the posts. Place the roof on the glue. Let it dry.
- Put the rope through the bird house roof and tie a knot with the ends.
- To create a ledge, put hot glue on one of the openings on the front and place a popsicle stick through it.
- Add bird seed inside the bird house.
See the full project including photos and videos here.